Please sign in to post.

Day trip to Pisa from Florence

We're staying in Florence for 7 nights as home base to tours around the area as well as Firenze itself. One day is dedicated to Pisa by train. The Square of Miracles is an obvious one, as is climbing the famous Tower, all easily walkable from Pisa Centrale. I imagine it's highly advisable, if not necessary, to buy tickets for the Tower in advance. We'll stay past dusk to see the Square and Tower illuminated. Any suggestions as to what else to do, where to go, what to see and who to meet? I've heard it takes more time to appreciate Pisa than most allocate, and the same can be said about a lot of places. Thank you.

Posted by
5 posts

We went to Pisa on our way to Cinque Terre. My boys loved climbing the tower. Here is where we bought our tickets ahead of time. https://www.towerofpisa.org/tickets/
The people watching is amazing. :) Everyone trying to hold up the leaning tower. The walk from Pisa Centrale was quite long and it was really hot, so we ended up hopping in a taxi. It was just hard getting a taxi back to the train station. We are a family of 5 and ended up having to take 2 taxis back. I would probably take the train transfer to the closer station next time: Pisa San Rossore. Yes, you'll have to transfer at Pisa Centrale, but will be worth it. Sorry I don't know about other stops, we were there specifically for the Piazza di Miracoli.
Have a great time!