Please sign in to post.

Assisi

Hotel and restaurant recommendations for Assisi.
Thanks, Susan

Posted by
2404 posts

Istituto Beata Angelina - a ‘convent’ right across the field from the Bascilica. Our room had a superb view. Proce is right. We booked thru www.monasterystays.com. Restaurant next door was fine.

Posted by
11156 posts

We spent two weeks across the valley from from Assisi in Spello. We visited Assisi several times.
Friends were staying at La Terazza in Assisi and enjoyed it.

Posted by
205 posts

I stayed at Hotel Trattoria Pallotta, which is family operated as lodging and a separate restaurant.

They are not physically attached. In fact, the "hotel" operation is up the hill a little from Piazza del Comune, which is where you find the entrance to the restaurant.

The hotel did not have air conditioning when I was there in 2017.

My room had a big, tall window from which I could see Basilica di Santa Chiara and the Umbrian countryside beyond it. I left the window open while I was there, without any visits for unwanted insects.

The lasagna at the restaurant was the best I've had anywhere.

It was light and airy... by no means the heavy comfort food style served during cool/cold weather in the US (which I also enjoy). Maybe it was bolognese "sauce" of which there which was just enough to hold the layers together, without a cascade of tomato sauce and cheese.

Posted by
5211 posts

Another vote for Hotel Pallota.
The owner is very helpful and friendly, and the family restaurant is very delicious!

Enjoy your time in beautiful Assisi!

Edited to add:
I wanted to share this thread which has excellent advice by Robert (Delaware) on Assisi.

I wish I’d had this information prior to my visit to beautiful Assisi 😉