Please sign in to post.

Dingle Restaurants

Will be in Dingle on the RS BOI tour next September. I am looking for restaurant recommendations for a free day in Dingle.

Posted by
138 posts

we stayed Dingle Bay Inn. Paudie's Restaurant is downstairs and we had several meals there and really enjoyed them. Good food and great location. Consider doing the Falconry Experience while there! We absolutely loved Dingle!

Posted by
317 posts

We stumbled upon a restaurant there that had a Michelin sign outside. We were intrigued so went in. Turns out it is a Michelin Bib gourmet class. They are below a star but a "good value" and good food level. We asked about tables and the proprietor said they were fully booked. That was when my now wife pulled her ace in the hole. She batted her eyes and said I had just proposed marriage a few minutes before & we wanted to celebrate. The proprietor took pity on us and asked can you be done by 6;30 pm (an hour and a half or so) We smiled and said yes of course. It was delicious.

https://thecharthousedingle.com/our-menus/

they are closed in the Winter. Website says opening back up early March

Posted by
27 posts

We were on the Heart of Ireland RS tour 9/2022 and Dingle was a highlight. The accommodations and location are just magical. Honestly, you could chew on a piece of rope and eat seaweed from the bay and you would say its the best meal ever just because of the atmosphere. We had dinner at Out of the Blue(seafood) and it was great. I think you'll need a reservation to play it safe. We dropped into Murphys Pub for lunch. Small family atmosphere place no frills but we had the best Irish Stew ever and it was very reasonable. They had local ale as well. Extra credit tip...don't leave Dingle without trying the Dingle Gin.. its special. If you decide you love it and want to take some home, we were able to buy it at the Dublin airport duty free store. Have a great time.

Posted by
2 posts

I was in Dingle in September 2022 for two nights and would say it was by far the highlight of our time in Ireland. We ate at both the Charthouse and Out of the Blue. We had terrific meals at both restaurants. We did need reservations. Of note, I just looked at their websites to refresh my memory. The Charthouse has closed due to the owners retirement.
Quick funny story, we were in O'Sullivan's Courthouse Pub for some music and a pint (or two). A group of American tourists came in. One of the fellas tried to order a margarita and glass of pinot gris. You can only imagine the look he got from the young man behind the bar.

Posted by
90 posts

I want to thank everyone for their suggestion! Please keep them coming. However, we do have reservations for one of our two night at Land and Sea.