Please sign in to post.

Acropolis tickets

Will be in Athens toward the end of Juneand woukd like to purchase Acropolis tickets in advance. Is this the best site to book through?
https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&place=000000002

It appears one could book for feb and march but not beyond yet. Would appreciate any additional information. Is the above aote better than booking through Viator? Thanks!

Posted by
1821 posts

hhticket.gr is the official website, do not use any other to book. You will be able to buy tickets from April 1 when prices will change to summer rates

Posted by
1821 posts

treemoss2 , It looks like you didn't read the previous messages. Entrance tickets from April are not yet officially on sale.
They will be on sale in March.
If you want to buy them via Getyourguide or Viator that's your right.

The combo ticket costs €30 but what is planned from April 1st 2024 is that the issue of single-entry tickets for more than one archaeological sites or museums will officially stop.

I have no idea how tickets issued by 3rd party services will be managed with these new rules. If your ticket is accepted, that's great, but in the event of an access problem with one of their "combo" tickets you will probably have to deal with them and request a refund.

Another reminder about third party offerings:

https://news.gtp.gr/2023/08/07/culture-ministry-online-ads-for-acropolis-skip-the-line-entrance-tickets-are-misleading/

Posted by
20 posts

Trust only the official site. Stay away from 3rd parties. Everybody buys from one source >> https://hhticket.gr.

Also do not forget to plan your time in Acropolis according to the slot you will purchase. It wasn't like this before but now this is the case. Try to go in the afternoon to avoid the heat, the huge lines and crowds from the cruiseships. Prefer to go to the acropolis museum during the day and leave the parthenon for the afternoon. The acropolis museum has a totally separate ticket by the way (https://etickets.theacropolismuseum.gr).

Hope it helps.

Posted by
741 posts

Thank you JoLui. I went back to official site and tried for a date in March. Not my date. Wanted to see how it went. And it did. I see the tickets for the 6 sites at 30 euros. I will wait until March to book my April date.

I am unclear what this means below as you wrote. Does it mean that there will be no combo tickets?

combo ticket costs €30 but what is planned from April 1st 2024 is that the issue of single-entry tickets for more than one archaeological sites or museums will officially stop.>>>>>>

Posted by
1821 posts

treemoss2

This information was given on December 20, 2023 by the Greek Culture Ministry, it's part of a series of measures to increase ticket prices to Greek archaeological sites and museums.

Given that the combo ticket is the only single-entry ticket for more than one archaeological sites or museum issued by the official ticket office, I do not see what other ticket this statement could refer to.

Perhaps there will be a transition period during which combo tickets issued by 3rd parties will be accepted. I don't know.
Personally I would avoid taking this risk. But you do what you want.

Full announcement here:

https://news.gtp.gr/2023/12/20/ticket-prices-to-greek-archaeological-sites-and-museums-increase/

Posted by
2 posts

Nick- I’m confused by your post. Are you saying the best time to visit the Acropolis is in the afternoon to escape the heat and cruise crowds? What time would you suggest?

Thanks!

Posted by
31 posts

@Nick- actually the allotted “time slots” for visits to Acropolis, etc, do not mean that they must visit at those times. It even says so on the tickets and we asked the offices to confirm this.
@OP- no need to purchase tickets so far in advance, if at all. We were in Athens last June and didn’t purchase any advance tickets. Went when they opened, bought tickets and went in. Go early, or first thing to avoid the crowds and heat. The combo tickets are being eliminated completely after April 1st and prices are being raised altogether because they’ve been really low for some time now. Better for Greece in my humble opinion. So, you’ll have to purchase separate tickets for each monument. For what one gets when visiting its well worth it regardless. Happy Travels

Posted by
1821 posts

the allotted “time slots” for visits to Acropolis, etc, do not mean
that they must visit at those times. It even says so on the tickets
and we asked the offices to confirm this

The rules have changed since last June. Time slots were introduced on September 4, 2023. For practical reasons they were not applicable to combo tickets.
Since September 2023, these measures have been tested and official implementation is planned for April 1, 2024 when the Combo ticket won't exist anymore.

You will have to visit the Acropolis on the date and time slots booked otherwise you may be denied access in the event of too many visitors.

This is clearly specified when you book for the Acropolis:

The entrance is mandatory at the time zone of your choice. Please make sure to be at the entrance 30 minutes before your chosen time slot. Entrance is available 15' before to 15' after the time of your choice.

That being said, you can just as easily not book and go to the Acropolis ticket office 1 hour before opening.

Posted by
20 posts

@jonrossjan This has changed recently so I can understand that lots of people are not aware about the new regulations.

Actually, there were people who missed their access because they didn't know about it (its a pity).

Posted by
1 posts

I have been following this thread as we are visiting Athens in May this year. I thought that combo tickets were no longer available after April 1, 2024, but when looking on their website this morning - and if you scroll down to the bottom I see "Athena's Combined Ticket" for 5 days. Maybe they decided not to stop the combined tickets after all. (Tickets for May are not up yet though)

https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1N

Posted by
1821 posts

Purchasing the Combo ticket is in fact still possible despite what has been announced, at least for the month of April .

For entries after April, tickets should be available in the coming days.

Posted by
4 posts

Tickets for May are available now and you can still buy combo tickets. We are scheduled to visit the end of May and just purchased our tickets from the official site this morning.

Posted by
117 posts

Thank you treemoss2 for your on the spot update. It is always helpful to receive up to date information, and I always enjoy reading other's opinions.

Posted by
2 posts

The Athena's Combined Ticket appears to be available for purchase for dates in June as well. The cost is 30 Euros per ticket, which is consistent with the Category A pricing in the Greek Culture Ministry's announcement from December 2023.

This is all very confusing. I still have not seen a definitive answer of how best to handle visiting non-Acropolis sites before the day of your Acropolis site visit. My wife and I will be in Athens in June. We want to visit the Acropolis on Day 2 of our time there. But we want to visit other non-Acropolis sites (Roman agora, Hadrian's library) on Day 1 of our trip. If we buy a ticket for the date of our Day 2, and specify the time we will arrive at the Acropolis, I am confident we will get into the Acropolis with the ticket, but it seems we cannot visit any of the other sites on Day 1. If we buy a ticket for the date of our Day 1, and specify the time that we will arrive at the Acropolis on Day 2, I am confident that we will be able to visit non-Acropolis sites on Day 1 (but do we have to visit the first one during the time slot chosen?), but I am not confident that the ticket will be honored for the time slot we will visit the Acropolis on Day 2.

I've seen multiple posts asking this question (how do I visit non-Acropolis sites the day before I visit the Acropolis at the time slot specified), and have never seen a clear answer.

Add to it the information about there being no longer any single entry tickets for more than one site as of April 1, 2024, which does not seem to be true of tickets offered on the official website, and this all seems very, very poorly explained to the public.

Posted by
1821 posts

Welcome to the new Greek Time Slot machine! :))

Posted by
1 posts

@henry.ralph - I had the same question as you - what if I wanted to start the clock on my combo ticket 1 day before I needed a timed ticket to enter the acropolis. I also couldn't find a straight answer anywhere so I bought one combo ticket as a test, and it says on the ticket that it's valid from the day of purchase through 5 days later (I bought for April 28 and it expires on May 2).

(After I purchased the ticket I also found this language on the official website: The combined ticket of Athena's is valid for one entrance per site and has a duration equal to the period of time indicated on the ticket [5 days], which starts from the selected date of the first visit.)

I think because the acropolis requires a timed ticket, if you know that there are other sites you want to see AFTER your planned acropolis day, it makes sense to buy the combo ticket. If you want to visit a site BEFORE the day of your acropolis visit, it probably makes sense to buy a single-entry ticket just for that site. That being said, everything I spot checked that's also on the combo ticket, also requires a time slot, so that may or may not work for your plans. I haven't found any info on what to do about the fact that seemingly all of the other sites included in the combo ticket require a time slot when booking individually, but there's no way to book additional time slots with the combo ticket.

Posted by
4 posts

We are in Athens right now and went today. Yes they still sell combo tickets but only at the acropolis. If I were to do it again I would go early in the morning to acropolis and buy the combo ticket there then go see the other included places later. You have the time slot for the acropolis ticket. You can buy them online just before going and it will save you standing g in an extra line trying to get it. It was plenty crowdylate in the day

Posted by
1 posts

So the combo pass time slot is only for the Acropolis? I was worried I could only enter the other sites at the selected time and was wondering how the heck that would even work? Their wording on the website makes it sound like every site will make you be there at that time slot.

Posted by
11 posts

We are visiting in early June and want to visit the Acropolis and the other sites on the Combo ticket. I am hoping to book a 5-6pm ticket to the Acropolis. Will I be able to enter the Ancient Agora and other sites on the same ticket earlier in the day? We will still be in Athens the next day, so we could do those then and maybe visit the Museum instead before the Acropolis, but I would prefer to do them earlier in the day. Thanks for your help!