Please sign in to post.

Sleeping in Munich

Looking for recommendations for a centrally located hotel in Munich.
RS Hotel Monaco in trip advisor said it have share bathrooms that will be a deal breaker for me.
If breakfast is included will be a plus even at reasonable price . We are a family of 3 ,will be traveling
March 2017. Thanks

Posted by
7026 posts

You are welcome. If you do a search on Munich hotels you'll find lots of other threads with more hotel suggestions.

Posted by
8135 posts

I often go to Booking.com and filter "lowest to highest" for the city. Then I'll look for accommodations with substantially better customer evaluations than others in the price range. I may double check what's been said about them on Trip Advisor.
I've never been dissatisfied.

Posted by
3243 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Blauer Bock in October of 2015 for five nights and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The included breakfast was really good and included made-to-order egg dishes. It is very close to the Viktualien Market and the new Eataly, which hadn't opened when we were there. The front desk staff gave us great restaurant suggestions. I think RS groups stay or have stayed there.

Posted by
16893 posts

Hotel Monaco has mostly rooms with private bath and just a few with shared bath. Choose which you prefer at the time of booking. My family of 3 enjoyed our stay there.

Posted by
425 posts

I stayed at Hotel Uhland a couple of times and was always pleased. It's probably not as central as you'd like, but it's close to the main train station. Breakfast is very nice with great coffee!

Posted by
175 posts

We stayed at the Pension Lindner for 4 nights in 2015 and highly recommend it. The location is perfect and you are able to walk most places. Nice rooms, delicious breakfast and Marion is very helpful.

Posted by
72 posts

We second Pension Lindner. In fact, we are there right now. Very good value, comfy beds, hot shower, very clean, great breakfasts, very close to Marienplatz but on quiet sidestreet, elevator. and lovely host. Highly recommend.

Posted by
671 posts

Another vote for Hotel Uhland. It was an easy walk from the main train station, and also an easy walk to S-bahn stations or Marienplatz -- at least for us who like to walk.

Posted by
731 posts

A third vote for Pension Lindner. Awesome location - less than a 5 minute walk to Marineplatz and very clean and comfortable room. The breakfast is really good too!

Posted by
635 posts

Another vote for Pension Lindner. I've stayed there twice (once for nine nights, once for five), and looking forward to going back.

Posted by
27 posts

We stayed a few months ago the Deutsche Kaiser Hotel near the Central Bahnhof. The location is only a couple of blocks from the Marienplatz. Service was good at the hotel. I am happy to recommend it.

Posted by
67 posts

We always stay at Jedermann's, Bayerstrasse 95, 2 stops on the tram from the main train station. Two more stops and you're at the Augustine Brewery. Also has a great breakfast, but the rooms are small.