Please sign in to post.

Munich August 5-8, 2016 (in advance of the My Way Alpine tour starting in Salzburg)

Husband & I will be in Munich Friday August 5 - Morning of August 8, transferring to Salzburg to start RS "My Way" 12 day Alpine tour. We are looking for suggestions on hotels, restaurants, area tours, and where to find listings for festivals and musical performances. Previous posts re: hotels on this forum are three to five years old.

We like rock, blues & jazz; we'd appreciate recommendations for night clubs and an outdoor concert experience in Munich over the weekend.

Lastly, if there are any "must see" stops between Munich and Salzburg, please let us know!
Thank you!

Posted by
671 posts

We are taking that tour in September; I booked the Hotel Uhland in Munich based on info in the Rick Steves book, its location, cost, and probably other reviews. We will be going to Dachau on our full day in Munich and then walk around to see what interests us. For festivals/musical performances, I find it's easy to locate those by putting those words, name of city and dates into Google. Have fun.