Please sign in to post.

Gutshof zum Schluxen since reopening in Feb 2015

Has anyone stayed at the Gutshof zum Schluxen since it reopened under new owners in February of this year? I don't see any reviews online.

My wife and I have stayed there in 04, 06, 09, 12 under two different owners. We are planning a trip for later this year and we are hesitant booking there again since we have not seen any reviews with the new ownership.

We really enjoyed the venue in 04 and 06, like a real lodge. We were there when new owners were moving in 09. Really nice people but the lodge feel went away.

Now I understand the lodge is focused more on people interested in horses.

We just really enjoy the view of the mountains(even with the power lines in view), the cows, the horses, the food and beer, the people, being so close to many interesting things to do. In 09 we were the only guests in the lodge a few days before Christmas...way weird feeling!

We are from central Florida and we really enjoy the mountains and the change of scenery...it is Disney overload in Orlando and we like to just enjoy the pace of being close to nature, the way Florida used to be. (Ops...showing our age)

Any insight would be appreciated. We can always find another beautiful location but the Schluxen is special to us. Please feel free to email me privately if you don't want to comment in the forum.

Thanks. Kelly