Please sign in to post.

Woo hoo! Just paid $596 for roundtrip LAX to London

I just wanted to share my excitement with you all. I just took advantage of these crazy prices and booked my trip. I know if I had booked 2 weeks or so ago I would've probably paid about $400 but I don't mind. This is my 5th European trip and haven't been since 2013 so I have been dying to return. We are traveling from April 26 - May 6 and plan on heading over to Paris eventually since my friend has never been there. We haven't quite decided on an itinerary- but I can't help myself...I'm so excited! Who else out there has booked a trip based on these great low prices??

Posted by
7175 posts

That wouldn't even get you from one side of Australia to the other, and back again. Well done.

Posted by
2026 posts

Woo hoo! for you! When I read of these fares in this forum, I started looking around and my eyes dropped out of my head. It got pretty frenzied for a while and after a few deep breaths we found ourselves with tickets to Vienna and three weeks this September, a trip that wasn't even a twinkle in anyone's eye 3 hours earlier. That set a record for this household. The last time we flew from Columbus OH to Europe for prices like these was 1991. The savings for us is very close to $2000. Have fun getting excited! Have a wonderful and safe trip!
Edit: Our flight is with Delta

Posted by
3955 posts

I think it's United/Air Canada. I see good flights to London in June (the month we're tracking) but not as good from SFO, the airport we're hoping for. Thanks for the west coast heads up.

Posted by
235 posts

That's awesome news. You will certainly enjoy the stronger dollar. The primary reason we were able to go to London in November was because of low airfare from(non-stop LAX), but it wasn't THAT low ($700).

Posted by
1113 posts

It was on United and we got nonstop flights as well! The price even included an additional $36 for trip insurance that we decided to buy since the fare was so cheap. We tried different combinations but round trip was way cheaper than multi city and London was the cheapest destination. We figured we'll just spend 2 days there to get over jetlag and return for a few more days at the tail end of the trip. The other exciting news?? I just checked and the dollar and euro are almost equal! I hope that stays the same till April!

Posted by
14510 posts

Hi,

Bravo on getting this fantastic price, direct from LAX! I got a good price too (SFO to LHR for a little over $1,000 departing mid-May), which nowhere as great as your price. It's doable for me to leave from LAX as along it's direct since it's still going to be an 11hr flight.

Posted by
9584 posts

That's fantastic!! Congratulations, and enjoy your planning now, and the trip when it comes!

Posted by
4087 posts

Me, too, Claudette! $540 for DFW-Madrid round trip (with insurance) in March! We WERE looking but couldn't believe the great price. We missed Delta a few days before at less than that (couldn't jump that quickly) but still feel lucky!

Posted by
1113 posts

Thanks to the folks on this forum who alerted us to the low prices a few weeks ago! I had originally planned to take an RS France tour for the spring but cancelled it due to budget reasons but with airfare this low, I decided to just book it and do the trip on my own with help from Rick and this forum. This is such an awesome site, thank you all and woohoo to all of us that booked these tickets!

Posted by
1507 posts

We missed out on the low prices of a few weeks ago and are still looking for low prices to Athens in September 2017. But we just got tickets from SFO to Barcelona in mid April on Turkish Air for $645 RT per person. While the arrival and departure times are not the best, we'll gladly deal with them for that price.

Posted by
656 posts

I want to go London for my birthday (early June) and called my travel agent last night about flight prices. I was quoted $750 r/t from Albany, NY connecting through Atlanta on United. Wowww!! I usually pay $1500 to fly to Europe!!

Posted by
14510 posts

That, too, has also been my depressing price departing in May from SFO to London, FRA or Paris CDG in the last few years...$1500plus. For the same time frame, I got it for a bit over $1,000 dep SFO direct.

Posted by
633 posts

A few weeks back I paid $740 for a multi-city ticket on United for August, flying from Dulles to LHR, then from Amsterdam back home to Dulles. Rather happy at that price, but it has bounced around a bit between the 600s to 800s.

Posted by
1019 posts

Wow. Great job! I don't get such deals like that because I don't live by a large airport. I have to fly out/in of Tulsa OK. My flights always range from 1,200 to 1,400.

Have fun.

Posted by
17 posts

Not bad -- will be visiting Paris again in June, and just booked roundtrip airfare (via Swiss Air) from Chicago to Paris for only $668, with a stopover each way in Zurich (with enough time to do some sightseeing there...bonus!). It's always great when you can lock in an awesome price early, and by going directly through the airline itself (as opposed to a third-party like Expedia), you protect yourself against delays and cancellations.

Posted by
13 posts

My husband and I got multi-city tickets from Lafayette, LA to Heathrow then back to Lafayette from Prague for May 2017. I was checking prices a couple of weeks ago for random dates on Kayak and ran across tickets for $440 each! And the times and layovers are actually really good! I honestly thought the prices were a mistake but we went to the Delta website and there they were. With the money we're saving, we're now trying to figure out a third destination we want to go to between London and Prague. Decisions, decisions!