Please sign in to post.

womens walking shoes for Holy Land Tour in June 2010

What kind of shoes are the most comfortable for a Holy Land Tour in June. How many pairs of shoes are needed. Also what kind of clothes will I need

Posted by
1568 posts

I went on a two week tour in November 2008. I wore Teva sandals and Birkenstocks. There is a lot of walking up and down. I was on a Senior Citizens tour and many of us had those folding travel stools which was a life saver. You will stand for sometimes 15-30 minutes while the tour guide is talking and the stool comes in handy.

The time of year you are going will dictate the clothing you will need. November was shirt sleeve weather.

Isreal relly knows how to treat their guest. We had a feast every evening.

Do not be frightened in going. Our tour guide and the bus driver were both ex IDF and they are updated daily and sometimes hourly on the situation in any given area.

Enjoy!

Posted by
1568 posts

I must add that I wear padded short sport socks with my sandles.

Oh and there was added protection down in the luggage area for the driver and guide if needed for the protection of the passengers.

Posted by
1556 posts

We traveled for over a month through the ME (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel) in May-June 2008 and sandals worked fine. Weather was actually nice throughout except for Eilat on the Gulf of Aqaba where it was hot.

Security wasn't a problem except for lots of armed folks in Lebanon - this was just after some of disturbances last spring in Beirut. Israel was a breeze and easy to do on your own if you are adventurous.

Posted by
15584 posts

I'd take two really comfortable pairs of sandals. Your feet will enjoy the change.