Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Paris?

My wife and I are traveling to Paris in July. It is our first time there, but will only be there for two nights. Any suggestions of areas/hotels to stay in near where the action is?

Posted by
10261 posts

I would choose the 4th, 5th or 6th arr. The closer to the river the better. You would be central and within walking distance of many sites. I can't recommend any specific hotels, but I'm sure others will have suggestions. I would also suggest you read Rick's Paris book. With such a short time you will want to use your time wisely.

Have a fantastic time in my favorite city!

Posted by
784 posts

Hi Jason,
If you want to be right in the center of the historic core; we stayed at the Hospital Hotel Dieu which is across the street from Notre Dame Cathedral. It's the only hotel on Isle de la Cite. It's actually inside a working hospital. On area of the fourth floor has 13 inexpensive and clean hotel rooms. The hotel is very cool and has a wonderful garden on the ground floor. The location can't be beat. You can find them on-line.

Posted by
8293 posts

Lucky you, Kerry. I've been wanting to stay there for ages. And isn't the garden wonderful?

Posted by
65 posts

Jason, I second Kerry's reccomendation. We stayed there in January and it was great and convenient. We had a skylight view of Notre Dame and the bells on the hour were fabulous. We felt like it was in the middle of everything. Good luck

Posted by
2030 posts

Note -- the Hotel Dieu is in a great location, but it books up very early, might not be possible to get a reservation there now.

Posted by
446 posts

I stayed at the Hotel du College de France, which is only a few blocks from Notre Dame, and the RER station at St. Michel. A little cheaper at 90 Euros for a single, and quite satisfactory. Breakfast is 10 Euros extra.

Posted by
9423 posts

I don't know what your budget is but another suggestion is Hotel de Lutece on Ile Saint Louis. My favorite hotel in my favorite neighborhood.