Please sign in to post.

Where to spend Christmas in 2018?

Hello! My fiance and I are headed to Europe for our honeymoon this winter. Our itinerary thus far is: Land in Copenhagen Dec 18th. Tour Copenhagen for about four days. Fly out of Paris Jan. 3rd.

What should we do in the middle?? Where might be a magical place to spend the Christmas holiday? We're on a bit of a budget, so nothing too extravagant and we're from Florida so we haven't a clue how to ski. Thank you for any thoughts you all might have!

Posted by
2 posts

We thought it would be fun to spend New Years in Paris, perhaps arriving on the 31st. We're very flexible on this though.

Posted by
5239 posts

Where might be a magical place to spend the Christmas holiday?

Lapland? It depends on what you define as "magical" and how much the lore of Santa Claus appeals to you.

Be aware that much of Europe closes down on Christmas Day (and early Christmas Eve) as it's very much a time for family so you need to bear this in mind when deciding where to stay and what to do.

Posted by
42 posts

Hello,

If you're looking for budget options, West Europe might not be the best idea. Prices in Denmark and France are really high (besides, in festive season they may double).

Have you considered Middle or Eastern Europe?

Poland is nice and quite cheap, and there's loads of interesting destinations - cities, mountains, seaside - whatever you like. If you travel to the South of Poland you could visit Cracow, Zakopane mountain tourist resort, Tatra mountains (beautiful!), Wieliczka Salt Mine - there are countless options to spend honeymoon in an interesting way :)

You can have a look at this site to get an idea about traveling in Poland: https://overhere.eu/

Posted by
484 posts

Not quite Europe but Singapore is an interesting place for Christmas...if you want something really different.