Please sign in to post.

Where to Go?

Just got back from Spain and Morocco, got bitten hard by travel bug. Looking to go somewhere in Europe during this Fall (late October or November maybe?). Need time to earn more vacay days back (also $$$). I wanted to get some info on what places are the best to hit at that time of year (that is to say, not SUPER crowded and not in the high season). Any and all comments suggestions welcome, and why you would choose those spots! I am interested more so in history and museums and aquariums and the like, not headed there to party 24/7, but certainly would like a little nightlife!! Thanks in advance!

Posted by
1589 posts

Have you been to Italy? That timeframe is wonderful, with moderate weather and drastically reduced crowds. History & musuems? I think that they have a few! lol

Posted by
3428 posts

If you can wait until late Nov./early Dec. I'd suggest you consider Austria/Germany. The Christmas markets are wonderful! Salzburg is a beautiful place any time, but it was perfect in winter. We loved seeing just a little bit of snow, and mingling with the locals at the markets and in the resturnats. The UK also makes a great winter destination. Lots less crowds and there are some good Christmas markets there, too- London has some, Cardiff, Swansee, Canterbury, Windsor, Bath,and Edinburgh- all are good. Inverness is also fun in the winter time- do the Scotch Whisky Distillery tours!