Please sign in to post.

When do the RS books come out for 2009?

Does anyone know when the new 2009 editions come out. What month? I am planning a trip for next year so I want to wait and get the 2009 edition. Thanks!

Posted by
354 posts

It is way too early for the 2009 Rick Steves guidebooks. Bookmark the R.S. website at http://www.ricksteves.com/books/update/update_menu.htm , and check it from time to time. When you see the option "2009 Guidebook Arrival Dates" (is still showing "2008 Guidebooks" right now), you can find out when next year's editions will be available.

Posted by
23282 posts

Our experience is little difference from year to year except for pricing. For planning purposes, an 08 will work as well as an 09. Remember even an 09 will be a little dated because of the publishing lag.

Posted by
1307 posts

Lisa, you might want to check a slightly older version out from the library for your preliminary planning before you buy the book you will ultimately use and take with you. When I am planning a trip I am too exited to wait for the latest version to appear!

Posted by
68 posts

Lisa, Amazon.com has listed some of the arrival dates for the 2009 editions. I believe some start coming out September 1st.