Please sign in to post.

What to wear?!

Hello everyone! My husband and I are traveling to Munich, Salzburg, Prague, and Paris on the dates of September 1-11. What do I wear/pack?? What is the weather generally like in those cities during that time?? Thanks!

Posted by
2914 posts

We're from NJ. The weather in Munich and Salzburg will be similar to here in NJ or maybe even Maryland.

Posted by
4162 posts

You can find lots of advice on this topic under Travel Tips --> Packing Light. You can find lots of relevant forum threads under Tips & Trip Reports --> Packing and --> Best Walking Shoes for Travel.

For weather averages go to -- http://www.holiday-weather.com -- and search for the city and month. Keep in mind that these are averages and your trip weather may vary.

Beyond that, I think the most important thing is shoes you can wear for at least 6 hours of walking and standing per day. If you don't have shoes that will work, time is short to get them and break them in if they need that. My husband likes Merrells. I like Ahnu Montara boots.

Posted by
1825 posts

The weather will be similar to what it is at home. Pack whatever you wear the most when not at work and is comfortable. Take less than you think you need. You will over pack on your first trip and probably regret it later. They have stores there just like at home and if you need to buy something to wear you will have packed light enough. Your suitcase should only be two thirds full when you leave home. You will only see the wisdom of this advice after your trip.

Posted by
12172 posts

I really like travel in September. Typically warm days, 70's, and cool evenings, 60's. I find it's short sleeve weather during the day and maybe a sweater in the evening. That's a general statement and you may experience hot days and/or rain but I don't expect it will get really cold.

Posted by
12040 posts

September is usually the most mild, comfortable month, weather-wise. Wear what you find appropriate and comfortable at home.

Posted by
27236 posts

it's a pity that as travelers we have to deal with the day-to-day temps as the occur, not the historical averages. If you check your favorite weather web site the day before you leave, you should be able to get fairly accurate predictions for at least the first half of your trip, though in my experience the temperature data tends to be more accurate than the precipitation estimates.