Please sign in to post.

What to do...

...now that we made it back from our first European adventure? We have been back 2 weeks and I am itching to travel more! But our trip was a smashing success, in large part to the sound advice we received over the last year. The 30 days flew by and almost every place we went met or exceeded our expectations. Ireland was so beautiful but unfortunately we didn't go at the ideal time so we missed a couple of big sites for us (Newgrange was closed for holiday as was Trinity College). But the people, the craic and the beer/cider more than made up for it. NYE in Paris was delightful and the "can you fall in love with a city" post from a while ago came flooding back. I think I did fall in love with Paris! And Italy. Need I say more? Our spontaneous scooter ride through Tuscany was such a magical experience. Thanks everyone for all your help through the process. I hope I can pass on some of our lessons we learned. But - can anyone tell me how I am going to cope until my next trip? :)

Posted by
3696 posts

Well, it helps to spend time on the board with all the other utterly obsessed travelers.....

Posted by
1525 posts

Yes...Do both... 1) Start planning your next trip - however far in the future it might be, and.... 2) Hang out here and pass along what you learned to others.

Posted by
517 posts

Think of it not as a vacation, but as a new lifestyle. (Glad you enjoyed your trip. We hope to hear more from you!)