Please sign in to post.

What did you like/love about Reykjavik and it's nearby sights???

Hi, In July, I'm going to be in Iceland on a three night stopover with eight family members, including 3 adults and 5 teenagers. We really only have two full days to explore. We are thinking about renting a large minivan to have the freedom to customize our two days. So far I just have a rough outline of the two days:

The days can be reversed as well, not sure which to do first:

Day 1 Explore the town of Reykjavik, and have lunch or dinner in town.

Posted by
784 posts

Sorry, the above got posted before I finished the question.

Day 1 Explore the town of Reykjavik, and have lunch or dinner in town; then go to the Blue Lagoon spa and relax.

Day 2 Explore the area by car. Should we just follow the Golden Circle route, or does anyone suggest a more interesting itinerary?

I welcome suggestions about what we should do, see, and of course eat! No rotten shark though!

Posted by
10234 posts

The nice thing about Iceland in July is that you can double your sightseeing due to the daylight. You can see things in town while they are open during the day and head out on the Golden Circle tour after that. Coming back after midnight, it will still be light. I'd save the Blue Lagoon for when you are on your way back to the airport because they are in the same direction.