Please sign in to post.

Weather

My daughter and I are considering touring Italy in 2014. When is the best time of year to go? We like weather in the 70's, cool mornings, warm afternoons and cool evenings, what month would you suggest? Pam

Posted by
12172 posts

Weather is always variable. If you consider buying your plane ticket like a bet, my money's on early October in Northern Italy and late October down to Rome. South of Rome, I'd go November. In the far South, December. I took my family in October working north to south from early to late October and it was exactly like you want, short sleeves for days and a light sweater for nights. You can go the opposite way from summer in the early part of the year. May in the north, April south of Rome, March in the far south. That said, this is a guess; every year is different. We went to Spain all of April 2012 expecting nice weather (at least in Andalusia) and had half a week in the 70's with really cold and wet (and some snow) other than that.

Posted by
23267 posts

April or October. We prefer October from middle of the month on. Even then it could be hot or cold.

Posted by
7033 posts

I can't speak to Spring as I've always gone in Autumn (twice in Sept and once in Oct) - weather was very nice all three times. The October visit was a little cooler, which was nice (still in the 70's though)and the fall colors were a little nicer then too, so if I had to pick one month, I would say October.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for your many replies, this will be most helpful to us in determining what month we need to schedule our trip! Chao!