Please sign in to post.

Walking shoes

What do you recommend for walking in wet weather for someone who has a little bit of foot problems. I cannot wear tennis or running shoes for any length of time.

Posted by
8943 posts

You don't say what kind of foot problems you have, so will just tell you what mine are and what kind of shoes I wear. I have very painful arthritis in my big toe, and every shoe I tried to wear was unbelievably painful until I found Sketcher Shape-ups. Call me a firm believer now. Have been wearing them exclusively for the past 2 years ( I walk a lot and am on my feet the entire day) and simply love them. I wear them in the rain, the snow and the summer too. Have never gotten wet feet, nor cold feet. The soles are very thick, but very cushy. So, give them a try if this matches up with your own foot problem. Have had a foot dr. and an othopedic dr. tell me that these are perfect to wear. In fact, the only time my toe doesn't hurt me is when I have these shoes on.

Posted by
1068 posts

Oops! Looks like Frank and I hit "send" at the exact same moment - with the same link! Sorry. :D

Posted by
112 posts

Whatever works for you with your "little bit of foot problems".....you'll never know til you try them on. I'd recommend you go to a couple of good quality stores and try on shoes from a bunch of well-respected manufacturers: Mephisto, Merrell, Rockport, Clark, Ecco, SAS, New Balance.... Everybody's feet are different, so only trying them on will tell you what you need to know. For me, I wear my Chaco sandals unless it's too cold.

Posted by
129 posts

I agree with the above but you might also want to see an orthopedist and get some orthotics. Not sure what your feet problems entail, but it's so very important to have the right equipment.