Please sign in to post.

Using Vouchers in 2021

Just a general thought question- if numerous travelers with trips cancelled in 2020 try to use our hotel vouchers in 2021, do you think the hotels will limit the quantity of vouchers accepted per week next year? After all, they will be needing to recover financially from 2020.

I’m just wondering if I’m holding vouchers that will become similar to the game of trying to redeem airline miles for specific flight dates.

Posted by
9550 posts

Hmmmmm . . . good question, Jean. I see your point .

Posted by
3517 posts

That is a good point.

While the vouchers do represent an expense if they do standard accounting, not sure how a smaller place might look at them. If they fill the hotel with nothing but vouchers, then there is no real income for that period of time. And if they really were that desperate for income being the reason they issued the vouchers, they may not have any funds in reserve to cover them for use toward operations and staff salary.

Posted by
4037 posts

Travel vouchers, especially from airlines, do not guarantee a free seat or ticket. They don't cover price increases.

Posted by
7253 posts

Yes, strange times! Mine are all hotel vouchers from non-refundable reservations in Italy. I was persistent to obtain a credit card refund from Delta airlines.

Posted by
2916 posts

My "vouchers" from Gites de France for 2 gites are basically like Nick's airline "voucher." It's a credit for a sum of money to be applied to a rental next year.