Please sign in to post.

Turkey: Does anSt. Paul's Journeys in Turkey

We're looking for tour for 4 adults in Turkey which traces the journeys of St. Paul. We have 8-10 days next summer. We would start and stop in Istanbul.

Posted by
104 posts

Hello,
Turkey is a wonderful country! I traveled there for 2 1/2 weeks a few years back and it rocketed to the top of my most favorite places in the world!!! We do offer a Turkey tour (though how closely it follows the historic path of St. Paul I do not know). You could also consider planning your own independent Turkey tour (based on St. Paul's travels). This idea is very intimidating to many people, however, if I (a blond, blue eyed girl from Seattle) can do it than you can too. I used the Lonely planet guidebook and it was great! We rode buses and booked our transport from town to town as we went. We utilized tour companies for Eastern Turkey. However we found Central and Western Turkey to be very easy for independent travel, safe, navigable and full of helpful, friendly Turks who wished to meet Americans/practice English. I did dress in what I call "Vatican approved attire". If you are wondering what I mean by this look up the Vatican dress code. It did help to travel with a guy.... Western women, especially fair colored ones, are exotic to Turks; expect to be stared at a bit! If you feel that being started at or having men approach and wish to talk to you, then you may wish the insulation of a tour. Anyone who is a confident, gregarious, advanced planning, independent traveler will enjoy doing their own tour in Turkey. I feel certain of this... Good Luck and say hello to my Friends, the Turks, for me :)

Posted by
1078 posts

Check the Friendly Planet website-our tour guide this last June told us he also does "the Seven Churches" and a "in the footsteps of St.Paul" on a regular basis.
Not sure if its through Friendly Planet or the operator they use in Turkey.