Please sign in to post.

Trip planning

My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this fall with our 14 year old daughter. We have 2 weeks to spend and would like to see Amsterdam, Paris, Bruges and the Rhine Valley. Is this feasible in 2 weeks without running ourselves ragged? I figured we could fly into Amsterdam and out of Paris, or vice versa but am wondering if the trip to Bruges will eat up too much time in just getting there? Any ideas?

Posted by
533 posts

I think that's a reasonable scope for a two-week vacation. Your destinations are all fairly close together and (mostly) linked by high-speed trains, so including all four should be very doable. And Bruges is only an hour by train outside of Brussels, so not too far out of the way at all.

Posted by
7175 posts

It's about 4 hours from Belgium (Gent) to the Rhine so that involves some travelling a bit out of the way. Perhaps stick to Amsterdam >> Belgium >> Paris.
Visit Haarlem plus The Hague from Amsterdam, and Bruges, Antwerp, Brussels from Gent. Look at up to a week in Paris for an in depth visit.

Posted by
533 posts

Or consider Rhine >> Amsterdam >> Bruges >> Paris, or the reverse. Cologne to Amsterdam on a high-speed ICE train is around 2 hours 45 minutes.

Posted by
8506 posts

. . . or fly into Frankfurt? end in Paris.

Posted by
3888 posts

I agree with David. Stick with Amsterdam, Belgium, Paris. there is enough to see to keep you busy for 2 weeks plus.