Please sign in to post.

trip insurance

I have med. coverage and evacuation insurance. I do not have trip cancellation insurance to cover flight and cruise. What company offers just insurance for these. I do not want to pay for double medical. Thanks.

Posted by
705 posts

Go to insuremytrip.com for information, policies, and premiums on travel insurance including trip cancellation insurance from several companies.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks, did that. Insuremytrip, like all others I've tried, does not separate out just flight/cruise insurance from the medical and evac. part.

Posted by
864 posts

I suppose there is some company that offers this but I haven't seen it (well, I haven't been looking for it either lol). We primarily get trip insurance for the medical and evacuation coverage. That said we also get as part of our normal package trip cancellation insurance due to sickness on our part or that of my elderly mother. We never insure for the total price of our trip - say 5K out of 8K. We kinda ball park this on a price of insurance vs. price of overall trip basis. What are the stats we will have to cancel, what is our pain price threshold. That last 3 thousand - well, sometimes you just have to roll the dice. This isn't saying 3k wouldn't be really really painful but it's that 25k evacuation charge that would screw us over that concerns us. And yes I've known someone who had to be evacuated to the U.S. OUCH$$$

Posted by
705 posts

Yes, I see that now. Since you don't find the insurance you are looking for on the insuremytrip.com website, just telephone them (they list an 800 number) or one of the companies, say TravelGuard. Good luck; I hope you get what you are looking for.

Posted by
79 posts

Alice, I was looking at travel insurance myself today. I think American Express Travel Insurance had an option to pick the insurance you need and build your own package. May be worth a look.

Posted by
49 posts

I'm looking into insurance from this website: Vacation Rental Protection
They do rental protection (we're renting a house in Bavaria) and you can do cancellation insurance as well. I don't know a lot about them, but they were on the VRBO website as recommended.

Posted by
4637 posts

Maybe you could try Travel Guard and call them to decline medical insurance. I don't know if that would work but I would try.