Please sign in to post.

Trip insurance

Your company suggest travel guard. Do not use them. It has taken over a year to get our money back. We still do not have it. They will not take any information over the phone. Unless you are computer expert you cannot file a claim.

Posted by
2736 posts

Here's a thread from December. https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/general-europe/aig-travel-guard-claim#bottom Several had good luck going through their states' insurance commissions.

A friend and I had problems will Travel Guard years ago. I will never use them or recommend them as a result, but will always buy travel insurance through other companies with good claims histories. Wish I would have known then what I know now.

FYI, the forum is not "your company". We are travelers, some very experienced, others not so much, who try to help each other.

Posted by
8383 posts

@OP. If you are struggling with the computer aspects of filing a claim, do you have a relative or a friend that might be able to help you with this? If that doesn't work, I would go to the public library and see if the librarians could help me with the computer aspect.

I am sure that this must be frustrating to you.

Posted by
6510 posts

I'm not a fan of Travel Guard after a bad experience with them last year. But I wouldn't expect any insurer to process a claim based on information they get over the phone. They need documentation of whatever loss you're asking them to cover. They should provide a way to get this info to them without having to use a computer, with paper forms and documents, using the mail. Shame on them if they don't.