Please sign in to post.

Travel Vouchers from 2020

We ended up with about $2000 in non refundable travel vouchers for reservations made in January and for Travel April- August.

Not remembering what the use by dates were, I reviewed them all. Originally, back in April/May when vouchers were issued, all but two vouchers expired tomorrow. I’d received an email a couple weeks ago from Direct Ferries, stating a new, later book by, and travel date than original voucher. I’m in the process of sending emails verifying dates. So far, 2020 expiration dates have been moved out to 2021, and even 2022.

So recheck voucher expiration dates! All may not be lost.

Still not likely we will use them all, but maybe we will recoup one or two of the vouchers.

And something else went our direction. We had booked flights back from Italy on KLM mid October. But when Barley’s flights were cancelled, we cancelled our flights, and received refundable vouchers. This week we received credit card credit. Due to the weakening dollar in the last 2+ months, the Credit was $125 more due to exchange rate! (We paid in Euros)

Whahoo!

Posted by
7357 posts

Whahoo is right! A shiny silver lining on an otherwise very dark cloud. Seems that providers are willing to accommodate people whose original intent was to use their services, and if they’re still wanting to use them, they will be welcomed when they can. But both the customer and the provider have to “honor” that commitment. Happy 2021, and may your future travel go well.