Please sign in to post.

Travel to Switzerland/Italy in June 2022

Ok this will be our 3rd attempt at this trip ..darn COVID!!Our Itinerary has change since then ...I have a few COVID/TRAVEL questions.
If we travel thru London or Istanbul on our way to Geneva, will this be doable? Knowing alot will/can change between now and then. I wonder about what is required at either connection. I have read the airline websites....kinda confusing. I am vaccinated and will have had a booster by that time. Found great ticket from SFO to IST to GVA..and back from FCO, IST, SFO back. I have never been to Turkey and wonder about getting to the connection...a little over 2 hours. Any help will be appreciated...Thank you.
One other question and we think we know the answer...should we do Murren in May or end of June..in terms of snow etc:)
Thanks

Posted by
32747 posts

your first question - I'm afraid nobody knows, certainly not 9 months out.

your second question - when in May? I've been in late May quite happily, but more flowers at the end of May and into June. I'd probably think, for myself, that late June is a bit late - too crowded. In May it is not the snow so much (not like the feet of snow I've experienced in April) but the mud... and early in the month the whifs from the farmers applying the winter cow and goat manure over the fields - they spray it on.

Posted by
46 posts

Thanks..I know but thought it would be worth asking. Looking at Murren around May 25-June 1...the other side would be..June 20th -26 if we went in June. I have only been in late June and july:)

Posted by
1669 posts

I can't answer about Murren in May, but I have been there in mid June and it was really nice. No snow on any paths, flowers were blooming and the temperature was mild, 65-70 degrees. Predicting weather from year to year has become an impossible task.

As far as Covid travel, as mentioned, June 2022 is too far off to know. Heck, October 2021 is too far off to know.

Posted by
46 posts

I guess that was a stupid question hahahaha..i have same issue here knowing about flying into Chicago later this fall.
Thanks alot greatly appreciated.

Posted by
32747 posts

nope - no stupid questions -

just that part of it is unanswerable at this point... time will tell

Posted by
2498 posts

One thing I would think about is to travel through only one city both to and from so as to not complicate your life unnecessarily. The other thing is to strongly consider refundable tickets (for credit). This is where the airline may matter to you. I, for example, am considering buying tickets to Athens through Zurich. Buying the tickets through United is more attractive to me because easier for me to use credits on United than Swiss air.