Please sign in to post.
Posted by
5660 posts

Interesting. All beautiful cites, but Bordeaux over Paris? Where's Luzern or Budapest or Krakow?

Posted by
1945 posts

I don't know how seriously I should take an article that has a quote from someone who say "Lisbon is a hidden gem." Maybe 10 years from now but everyone goes to Lisbon nowadays.

Posted by
7688 posts

The list is not my list, but they had some of my favorite cities.

I would include
Rome, Florence, Venice, Athens, Istanbul, Brugges, London, York, Paris, Salzburg, Prague, St. Petersburg, Russia, Seville, Geneva and Berlin.

Posted by
642 posts

Any such list in the end is subjective and biased to the interests of the writer. Nothing wrong with that, I have no issue with the list and I am sure it will spark some traveler's interest, but except for Prague it is not a list that interests me.

Posted by
2267 posts

Any such list in the end is subjective and biased to the interests of the writer.

From the article's opening:

Every year for our World's Best Awards survey, T+L asks readers to weigh in on travel experiences around the globe — to share their opinions on the top hotels, resorts, cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more. Nearly 165,000 T+L readers completed the 2023 survey, an increase of nearly 25 percent over pre-pandemic voting levels.

Cities were specifically rated on the criteria below:
Sights/landmarks
Culture
Food
Friendliness
Shopping
Value
For each characteristic, respondents could choose a rating of excellent, above average, average, below average, or poor. The final scores are averages of these responses.

Posted by
4127 posts

Maybe it's because I don't care, but how do you give a ranking to shopping?

Other than that, I love lists; gathered from surveys and personal preferences. I always find it interesting to compare my rankings to others.