Please sign in to post.

Travel insurance

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance company? I would prefer one that handles booking an emergency return trip for you.

Posted by
1633 posts

We use TravelGuard. Seems to be the most comprehensive for our needs.

Posted by
9363 posts

The only specific company that handles the booking for you, that I know of, is the Divers Alert Network insurance. In fact, you must call them and let them handle the arrangements if there is an issue. You get the insurance automatically by joining DAN, but you don't have to be a diver.

Posted by
2788 posts

Denise said exactly what I was going to say.

Posted by
44 posts

I just bought the Travelex Travel Max plan today. The plans are so similar, I had a hard time choosing.

Posted by
32212 posts

pamela, If "emergency return" is important for you, have a look at MedJet Assist. It's also a good idea to have medical insurance that covers you for less serious medical problems, which don't require evacuation. Check with a Travel Agent, local insurance firms or AAA to see what type of policies they offer. Cheers!

Posted by
5836 posts

Read the fine print! Beyond a comparison of $ coverage limits, not all polices are the same. Check the exclusions with respect to your trip activities. For example, one policy that I considered excluded ALL comparative events, including amateur "citizen" races. I ended up selecting Travel Guard that excluded PROFESSIONAL events but did covered AMATEUR events.