Please sign in to post.

Travel insurance

I just got a flyer from the United Mikeage plan for EA+ insurance that's supposed to provide medical insurance and emergency evacuation but it seems too good to be true at $149 a year for my spouse and me. Wondering if anyone has experience with his company and/or other suggestions. Thanks.

Posted by
23245 posts

We have had it about a year. Spent sometime with the fine print and it seems to cover exactly what we wanted. It evacuation insurance and it is good anywhere. Trouble is with this type of insurance you have no idea how good it is until you need it. A plus in our opinion was the backing by United.

Posted by
681 posts

We purchased it, too, but haven't needed it yet. Ours was from a flyer through the University of Oregon. Would love to hear from anyone who has actually used it.

Posted by
2124 posts

For years, my husband and I have maintained a family membership in Diver's Alert Network (DAN), for $55 per year. This provides a Travel Assist program and up to $100,000 emergency evacuation assistance any time we are more than 50 miles away from home.

Fortunately, we have never had to use it, but it was highly recommended to us by a friend who broke her leg in Switzerland and said their service was wonderful.

Here's a link to DAN's membership handbook. You don't need to be a diver to use this.