Please sign in to post.

Travel Insurance

We've always used World Nomads in the past but it doesn't appear that they have a "cancellation for no reason" option. Government shutdowns etc are a grey area in travel insurance. Does anyone have an insurance company that they've bought insurance with the clause during these crazy times? Recommendations?

Posted by
16025 posts

I believe it is called cancel for “any” reason, not “no reason”. I have seen this coverage offered as an add-on to many policies I have reviewed on insure my trip.com and Squaremouth. It is expensive.

But what do you mean by “government shutdown”? Are you referring to a covid-related “lockdown” that restricts entry into or movement around a country? That is different from a “government shutdown”, which usually refers to what happens here in the US when the government runs out of funding and Congress cannot reach an agreement to fix the situation.

Posted by
4212 posts

I purchase a "cancel for any reason" rider with my policies through TravelInsured. https://www.travelinsured.com
I had to use it once, coincidentally for a government shutdown (the kind described in the previous response, not covid-related).