Please sign in to post.

travel insurance

what is best travel insurance to go to Columbia?

Posted by
7049 posts

The answer depends more on your characteristics (health, risk profile, age, etc) and what activities you'll be engaging in (low-level vs extreme sports, etc.) than what country you're going to, unless insurance companies deem the (entire) country as posing above-average risks to travelers for whatever reason (they'll price in that extra risk into their products).

I assume you mean Colombia? There's no way anyone can answer your question with the minimal (no) info you provided.

Posted by
4151 posts

Yes, Jennifer. You need to go to the bottom of the country list and select Beyond Europe,
not intuitively obvious. That's the best place to post a question like this about a specific non-European country.

Posted by
8 posts

yes I realize it is not in Europe, I was just wanting a good referral, considering the area. Sorry I did not see the other section, not Europe.

Posted by
23240 posts

The other thing you need to define is "Best". Best for what ????? Trip cancellation, medical, trip interruption, terrorists attack - what you looking to cover??? Best is relative to what your particular needs are. Please enlighten us!