Please sign in to post.

Travel Insurance

Any recommendations for travel insurance? I'm traveling with two other people, all late 20's/early 30's, no real health concerns, more theft - I plan on bringing one fairly expensive (about $1600) DSLR camera. I tend to watch my cameras like a hawk but you never know. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted by
9363 posts

Just because you have "no real health concerns" doesn't mean you can't be involved in an accident. Do you have coverage in case you need to be transported home suddenly? Even if your US health insurance covers you abroad, you should have medical evacuation insurance. Insuremytrip.com lets you compare policies from different companies to find just the coverage you need without buying something you don't.

Posted by
2297 posts

Loosing your camera is nothing compared to falling off a bicycle and breaking your hip or stumbling on a step and fracturing your wrist during the fall or crossing the street as a pedestrian (with a green light!) and getting hit by a car ... you'll be looking at hospital bills and expensive special transportation to get back home easily totalling 5 or 6 figure $$$. All these examples are real and happened in my family.

Get medical and evacuation insurance. Everything else is optional.