Please sign in to post.

Travel insurance

Does anyone have a recommendation for an insurance company that covers trip cancellations/interruptions at a reasonable rate? Thanks!

Posted by
2707 posts

Go to insuremytrip.com. You can select the features and level of coverage you want then select a plan. Travel Guard is one of several available. For my upcoming trip I was able to get a better rate on a comparable policy from a highly rated company (AM Best ratings) which was not Travel Guard. We buy comprehensive coverage including medical evacuation. Rates vary by residence (state you reside) age, time you'll be traveling, costs of your trip and many other inputs. Have birthdates of travelers and your destination, dates, expenses when you go on the site. I've estimated some costs like airfare, purchased a policy, then notified the company if the actual cost was more or less. We've had to make two claims and, believe me, having the coverage is worth it.

Posted by
1189 posts
  1. Read the Rick Steves articles on info on different insurance options.

2. Check to see if you already have coverage included in your credit card.

3. If not, i found the auto associations, AAA, CAA, BCAA etc., usually have the best prices.

Posted by
3098 posts

Our AAA sells Travelguard but the price is higher than I paid going through insuremytrip.com.

Posted by
993 posts

Travel insured. And they paid us a giant claim for canceled fights with absolutely no hassle