Please sign in to post.

Travel Blogs

My husband and I have done several home exchanges in Europe and have another one scheduled for next month. I've done travel blogs for friends and family and used blogpress. Although relatively happy with it, I do find it a bit cumbersome to use. Have any used other travel blogs and what are your recommendations? Thanks.

Posted by
964 posts

I've used blogspot and it's easy to use and free; got lots of photos on it: [email protected] I've also heard good things about wordpress

Posted by
1040 posts

We use and like Posterous. Very easy to use, you can ether post directly to the website or send the site your post in an email. Lots of pre-formatted templates to choose from, or create your own. Really easy to add photos.

Posted by
32219 posts

Mary, I've been using TravelPod and so far it's worked well. It's very easy to compose, edit and upload photos and videos. They also have an iPhone App, so Blog entries can be revised easily from anywhere. Happy travels!

Posted by
9363 posts

I used blogspot for my recent trip and it worked flawlessly. I uploaded pictures every day, and because I am a crummy typist, I had to edit a lot to fix typos. Everything was simple to do.

Posted by
10 posts

Tell me all about your experience!! My husband and I have been contemplating a home exchange for the past few years and would LOVE to try it! Did you use homeexchange.com, or another site? Any info would be most helpful! As far as the blog, I've started a travel one on wordpress.com. It's not the most user friendly site, however, if you have time to invest you'll probably do just fine. Can't wait to hear about the home exchange. Thanks, and happy travels!