Please sign in to post.

travel bags

does the eruo shoulder tote have a solid bottom. It is a good choice for a day bag. Looking for cross body ability to carry items for two people

Posted by
26 posts

Hi Linda,
I have done an exhaustive amount of searching for the perfect day bag. Baggallini has a really great line of quality bags. Check ebags.com or zappos.com to find them. TJ Maax often has them as well. I really like Rick's Veloce bags too. I have both the larger shoulder bag and the mini. The mini would be too small for two people but the shoulder bag would be just right. It is of good quality and has seen me through many trips. I like the versatility of it too. Have a great trip!

Posted by
217 posts

Check out ebags for Pacsafe..depening upon how much "stuff you have there are several bags that might work and they are theft proof and cannot be cut --my H got the metrosafe 250 and I got the 200 the 250 is rather large but he carries the kitchen sink (camera and lenses extra shirt wallet glasses (two pair) and other stuff.. For me the 200 is just fine but if you want something for 2 the 250 may work or even the Ventresafe 400 which is large... they also carry day pack (back packs) but you wanted something you could sling in front of you so the others work better for that unless you wear the back pack in front of you which I sometimes do.. I just hate the back pack for things I need to access frequently so chose the metrosafe 200 for easier access
E bags has a sale on right now for all packsafe bags,,

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you for the information. I will check those bags out.
Linda

Posted by
4412 posts

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Euro Bag as a daybag. (not speaking as a rep from ETBD): The Euro Bag is basically the same as the old RS Avanti Bag that I own two of and l-o-v-e (I have two so that I'll never be without one). Because of the boxiness of the bag, I wouldn't want to carry it for very long. I much prefer, and have carried on my trips to Europe, a bag such as the RS Veloce Shoulder Bag, the Veloce Guide Bag, or the Civita Day Pack or Shoulder Bag. All of those bags are a few inches thinner, so not so bulky. On the eBags page, you can see how the bag looks on the mannequin. For example, I've packed for 5 nights in an Avanti Bag - clothing, a large hardback book, and several other large-ish items. I could never do that in one of the other day bags I suggested. Also, the Euro Bag will probably be a bit too tall for under-the-seat on an airplane, if it's packed full. Be sure you can squish it down a bit - no delicate items! Or, flip it on its side. To answer your question, going by the Avanti Bag, I'd say that the Euro Bag does have a 'solid' - NOT hard - bottom (since they weigh the same). Perhaps the materials are a bit different - I wouldn't consider my Avanti Bag to be packable; it is soft-sided and will 'mush' a bit for storage. Do you have a pretty good idea what you'll want to carry for the two of you? If so, that would be helpful info.