Please sign in to post.

Transporting Prescription Meds.

We're flying to Italy and then taking the rail to Germany where we'll see our son and his American girlfriend who are living there for a year while our son is enrolled in a a college study abroad program. Son's girlfriend has asked us to bring her prescription meds. as she's having difficulty getting medical coverage until October. We're to bring her two month's supply of her prescriptions along with a letter from her doctor and a photocopy of her passport. Should we expect any trouble along our way? Who should we inquire with about this special circumstance?

Posted by
9363 posts

I wouldn't worry about it. No one is checking your bags for prescription meds. (I am a little curious how the girlfriend is legally staying a year if she is not a student with a visa.)

Posted by
668 posts

Have a heart problem, so travel with a ton of meds! Never had a "problem", except at Edinburgh security where my carryon bag set off something which they blamed on the meds. They just took them out, ran the bag again and I was on my way. Not sure why it did it there, as I think I had 6 flights on that trip and that was the only one where it happenned. No one questioned the meds themselves.