Please sign in to post.

Transportation

Can I purchase two tickets on the Eurostar for the same day? I am flying into Heathrow, but worried about flight or customs delays, so would like to buy 2 tickets an hour or more apart. With cheaper advance purchase the extra expense would be worth the peace of mind but I'm concerned there might be a prohibition against doing this.

Posted by
23230 posts

Sure, buy as many as you like. Also, I would buy the tickets more than two hours apart. The Eurostar has a light screen security similar to the airlines and you are required in at least 30 mins prior to departure.

Posted by
977 posts

You can buy as many tickets as you want... But if you are really only going to buy them an hour apart, why not just buy the second one and spend the savings on a coffee and a newspaper? You are after all on holidays so relax....

Posted by
7025 posts

Jim's reasoning makes a lot of sense. If I had asked the question, I would take his advice.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you all. Jim's advice is good, but in this instance I'm going on from Paris on arrival so connections work better with the earlier train if I can catch it. Thanks again!

Posted by
9110 posts

St Pancras isn't the most boring place in the world to kill time either.