Please sign in to post.

Towns near Moscow Travel Group 19 January, 2013

Anyone near Moscow, Idaho who loves to talk travel is welcome! We'll be meeting again at One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street in Moscow from 10:30-13:30 on Saturday, 19 January. You'll see us in the back room with RS maps and yellow and blue books on the table. Bring your travel questions and stories. We might even have a travel accessories demonstration, maybe even a suggested packing list, there's no telling what some of us might bring for a great discussion!
And the question is.....WHO will be there?

Posted by
2091 posts

Oh good, S & M, we're looking forward to seeing you. I hope Pam, Roger and Cinda will be there to give us all the info on their exciting travel plans. Hedy plans to be there but I haven't heard from anyone else yet.

Posted by
1840 posts

S & M would be the initials of our given names not the other thing. We did have lunch in the Leopold von Sacher-Masoch cafe in Lviv last September though.

Posted by
2091 posts

And how was lunch, Monte and Sharon? Were the prices reasonable and would you highly recommend it?

Posted by
14013 posts

The lunch in Lviv?? Rog and I will be there! We are ready to talk Italy. I also messaged someone from CdA who has posted recently in case the weather is good enough for them to trek south.

Posted by
2091 posts

Yes Monte, I was referring to the lunch in Lviv. Pam, was it Terry you contacted about the meeting? If it's someone else, maybe they could car pool.

Posted by
1840 posts

Lunch at the Leopold von Sacher-Masoch was fine. The waitresses have little soft whips to give a behind a light tap. I asked for more, but was not recognized. Outside the cafe is a bronze statue of von Sacher-Masoch. The waitress outside invited Sharon to put her hand in the statue's pocket wherein she felt a "little one". Inside the cafe were pictures of the namesake along with various decorations of extremely high heeled shoes and fancy womens underwear. All tastefully presented. The food was good too.

Posted by
14013 posts

Darcy, it was not Terry. These are folks who haven't been before.

Posted by
2091 posts

I was going to say something along the lines of "...hopefully the other CdA people will see our meeting notice" but then realized some people might get scared off with the previous comments! Really, we're just joking!

Posted by
14013 posts

Eileen, really, you need to come up to Moscow for our meeting some time!

Posted by
2091 posts

I wish we could have a sticky to keep all the meeting notices at the top of the page. Hmmm, except maybe all the meeting notices are more noticeable because they bounce around. Thoughts, anyone?

Posted by
1840 posts

I help a little when I can but my well of levity tends to run dry in no time at all.

Posted by
4408 posts

Darcy, any thread there Monte gets to describe a Certain Cafe gets noticed ;-) When Monte says "I help a little when I can but my well of levity tends to run dry in no time at all", I seriously doubt him LOL! Why do I know that Mr S-M was a great-great uncle to Marianne Faithfull? Apparently, she has inherited the title 'Baroness von Sacher-Masoch' (but doesn't use it)...Why.do.I.know.this? What I really want to remember is my grocery-shopping list...

Posted by
14013 posts

Yea! Laurie says she will be there too.

Posted by
2091 posts

Yay, Laurie! Eileen, where would you get that valuable bit of info?! Also, Eileen, when you come to our meeting, please be sure to bring Andrea too! If you don't stop too often, you should be able to make it in 17 hours. I'll have the limoncello ready for you!