Please sign in to post.

Towns near Moscow Travel Group 16 March, 2013

It's that time again! We'll be meeting at 10:30 Saturday, 16 March at One World Café, 533 S. Main Street, Moscow, Idaho. You'll find us in the "back room" with RS maps, blue and yellow books and maybe even various travel essentials. All you need to bring is your travel enthusiasm and your curiosity (no cats, please because food is served there)!
Some of us are getting really excited about upcoming trips so bring your duct tape so you can get a word in edge-wise. (oh I forgot, I can't make it because of the St Joe's WineFest but Doug will be there!) And the question is, "who else will be there?"

Posted by
13905 posts

I'll be there! No duct tape needed! I promise I will give others a chance to talk. Monte, did you and Sharon wind up at the pizza place last time?

Posted by
1840 posts

Yes, and we are going again. Join us? Its nice. The waitress brought water in tall glasses and an extra bottle, like an olive oil bottle, all on a tray. she knocked one of the glassses over and I got wet from chest to right below the crotch. Oddly enough another waitress did the same thing to people behind us. They should rethink their water glasses and tall bottles. The menu is in Italian (in Moscow, Idaho) and the wine list is quite long. They've got beer too.

Posted by
13905 posts

Oh, too bad about the water bottle! And for it to happen twice! We considered going there last night, but I downloaded the menu and it didn't look very non-dairy or vegan friendly (which is also weird for Moscow Id!!) We have been practicing our Italian menu skills and were looking to use them. Instead we took the RS Italian phrase book with us to Sangria Grill and entertained the troops with looking up dirty words and trying them out. Thank you RS for adding interesting phrases to your books! lol!

Posted by
2091 posts

Oh no, Monte! That's terrible. I think when I do eventually get to go there, I'll make a point of not having water.

Posted by
13905 posts

Darcy, I forget. Do you travel with a rain poncho? That could be the saving grace at the pizza place!

Posted by
2091 posts

No, Pam, I don't take a poncho but my usual black raincoat. On Monte and Sharon's recommendation I now have a WeatherEdge which I'm "saving" for our May trip. BUT, I do believe that either of my raincoats would work well for the pizza restaurant. I can see it all now: the entire Moscow Travel Club marching across the street in our raincoats....on a sunny day of course! My plan is to beg them to not bring water!

Posted by
2091 posts

So it appears we'll have Monte, Sharon, Pam, Doug there. Larry and Margy can't make it but I haven't heard from the rest of the group. Rog, will you be there? Has your convertible back pack gotten heavier or even lighter?

Posted by
13905 posts

I don't think he has done a test pack lately, but is still auditioning items for inclusion. He and I are doing a pre-Italy quick trip to Florida in April to hone our selections. Hope the last-minute Wine Fest plans are coming along! We will miss you Sat.

Posted by
1840 posts

Hopping to the top. We have have several catalogs we will happily part with if anyone wants them, Magellan's, Travelsmith, and Tilley. And, a demonstration of a Tilley travel jacket.