Please sign in to post.

third day in london and im sick

Been here three days and was hit withh nausea. Didn't think lit would be a problem un the uk. Anyone else get this wth trvel? I gope it doesn't derail my sightseeing for anymore than today!

Posted by
301 posts

Hi Sarah, I just noticed this and saw that no one answered you. I sure hope this was a transient thing and that you're better now and enjoying London!
Be well!

Posted by
2423 posts

Dorothy, look at older posts and you can see her progress and tons of advice she got, I think this is a double post. I think the other post is from beginning of month, maybe fifth or fourth.

Posted by
301 posts

Thanks - just wanted to make sure she didn't feel sick, alone, and in a strange city by herself.

Posted by
2423 posts

How kind and thoughtful of you, hope she will see it, did you find her other post?

Posted by
11507 posts

Monte how rude. When a person is alone and sick sometimes its nice to have some sympathy. Shame on you. As noted Sarah did weather this illness and most of us supported her with suggestions and encouragment.

Posted by
11613 posts

Monte, apparently lots of people care. Thanks, Pat.

Posted by
3696 posts

Sarah... hope you're feeling better.
Monte...were you hoping to make her feel better? Apparent lack of empathy.

Posted by
73 posts

Suz, thanks for the support: ) Yogurt, Applesauce, and Crackers...those all sound like really good ideas! Hopefully I won't be ill again, but I will most definitely keep that in mind. Thank you all again, it was a great comfort to have such a nice community around! Cheers to you all

Posted by
73 posts

Yes, I am sorry, I didn't realize that I had accidentally posted the question twice. I got some lovely advice about drugstores and it was all good and I am feeling much better now. I know some people would have liked me to suck it up and I am sorry for showing a moment of weakness. Rest assured, I'll not bring it up again.
Thank you.

Posted by
118 posts

the important thing is that now you're feeling better! and you eat some good and healthy Italian food! when I was a child I told my grandmother that I was sick she answered: "is why you do not eat enough" and she gave me the lasagna!

Posted by
713 posts

Sarah - Don't you DARE regret posting your message about being sick! So what if you accidentally double-posted? You were SICK, for Pete's sake. I'm glad you let us know what was going on and I hope the answers you got (over on the other message) were helpful. Please, please, do NOT let a couple of snotty posts from sorehead grinches make you think you shouldn't have done what you did. (I'm referring to comments on both threads, and hoping at least one of those comments was a bad joke that didn't work in writing.) I'm glad you're better and I hope you will find the time after you get home, to post a trip report. Best wishes!!

Posted by
2423 posts

Well said Suz!
And many others except for the grinch!

Posted by
3580 posts

When I've been sick I often go looking for yogurt. It has friendly bacteria and digests easily. Some form of crackers may taste good, too. Another favorite of mine post-illness is applesauce. Eggs suit me, too. Just let your appetite be your guide; it's not the same for everyone.

Posted by
9436 posts

So glad you're feeling better Sarah! Many of us do care. Thanks for keeping us posted. Now you can have fun!

Posted by
3838 posts

Sarah, So glad you are feeling better! I hope you are getting stronger so you can get out and see some sights now. Pay no attention to the Grinch. And don't hesitate to post another question here if you ever need to.

Posted by
964 posts

Hi Sarah, First-I'm glad you're feeling better. It was a good thing that you posted because a lot of people visit the UK in the winter and may not know about the current severe outbreak of Noro Virus (not sure if I spelled that correctly) in the UK. It's called 'winter vomiting disease' here and it's widespread. Recommended prevention is to wash your hands whenever you've been in public places and carry hand sanitizer with you to use when you can't wash, like on public transport. I hope the rest of your trip is healthy!

Posted by
3696 posts

Sarah... glad you are on the mend, and seriously, just ignore those who have no helpful information... just as they should ignore your post if they don't want to be helpful. Keep resting and taking care of yourself, as through my travels I got a relapse because I thought I was over it and then overdid it!