Please sign in to post.

Thanks to All

A few weeks ago my wife and I returned from a 35 day trip through Western Europe. After college we never have the opportunity to travel like some of our friends were able to do. So, 40 years later at the age of 62, we got our chance! It was WONDERFUL! This was only our second trip to Europe (first one was 2 weeks, 4 years ago) so it was exciting at every turn. I'm writing this to say 'THANK YOU' to this Forum and everyone who helped me plan this magnificent trip over the past year and a half. Without this Forum, the trip would have been very different and not nearly as enjoyable. Not knowing what is possible and how to navigate easily, we would have found ourselves on a 21 day bus tour with 40 people with little independence. MY THANKS to ALL

Posted by
908 posts

I was having a crummy morning at work and then I read this: now I'm happy! :) Glad you had such a wonderful, memorable time!

Posted by
3580 posts

Tom, your note made my day! On this forum we contributors send out free advice to one and all, often not knowing how it all works out. You've reminded me that there are real people on the other end of those questions and that our answers make a difference. I like and appreciate this community of ours. I add my "thank you" to yours.

Posted by
32219 posts

Tom, It's great to hear that you had such a fantastic trip! Hopefully this will only be the first of many trips for you. Cheers!

Posted by
11613 posts

Tom, thanks for taking the time to let us know you had a great trip. Many more!

Posted by
740 posts

Tom, if you have time please post a Trip Report - I'm sure we'd all love to read it!!

Posted by
1078 posts

Glad you had a great time, now we need details, where did you go and what was most exciting!!!

Posted by
317 posts

It looks like half of the responders to my 'Thank You' asked me to do a trip report. Originally, I didn't think anyone would be interested but since you asked, I did a report. It is in the " Trip Report" section called 35 Day Adventure. Once again, I can't thank all of you enough for all your help. Your advice and comments to my questions, referring me to wonderful websites for other research etc. etc. was truly invaluable. My wife and I went to dinner with two friends last night and they asked us about the trip ..... not only what we did but how we planned it. I told them it was easy. Several RS guidebooks and this Forum plus time(in my case a lot of time as I was just learning)and dreams! My sincere Thank You to All. Tom