Please sign in to post.

Thanks, Jo!

My wife and I would like to thank our friend Jo (who posts here regularly) for helping to orient us and getting on board our train from Frankfurt to Bonn during our recent vacation. She really went above and beyond by looking at our ticket, finding the correct track and helping with the luggage, and we are very grateful! Thanks! Bill

Posted by
4407 posts

Thanks, Jo! As a fellow human being, I appreciate your extra effort with Bill and his wife. Bill, I hope your trip has been uneventful - compared to the last few days before leaving home :-( I hope you haven't felt any ill effects from your auto accident. And the bass...? Keep us posted...

Posted by
977 posts

My husband and I experienced Jo's hospitality last year when visiting Frankfurt. She met us at our hotel and gave us a a couple of hours of her valuable time to show us some wonderful sights of Frankfurt. Jo, you are a 'good woman'

Posted by
8946 posts

Thank you Bill and Judy too. It is always a pleasure to help a fellow traveler enjoy their trip just a little bit more. It is also fun meeting folks from the Helpline, putting a face on the posts. Bill, we want to hear how your trip went! Did the bass make it through the post ok?

Posted by
9110 posts

I always think of her as Saint Jo since she never gets grumpy. We should take up a collection and erect a statue in the Frankfurt town square. Or maybe just rename the place Jofurt.

Posted by
8946 posts

oh please! Am I gonna have to pull on my boots? I didn't always use to be nice, but I took lessons from Kent, the guru of this forum and tried to emulate his balanced logic, calm and helpfulness. The man deserves some kind of award or medal or a free RS tour or something. Now, lets give some shout-outs and thanks to some of the others here. Ed, who has some of the most down-to-earth accurate info on just about everywhere, Tom, with his vast experience and medical knowledge and everything Belgium, James who makes us all think even when we don't feel like it, Lee who I secretly thinks works for the DB, Karen who always makes me laugh, and Neil who makes us all want to move to Wales. (if I left your name out, it is just because I am still on my first cup of coffee this morning, and will probably come back and edit this later today with more people. Please be patient!)

Posted by
32801 posts

Like!!! I'm so glad Kent's name was mentioned. I was just going through some older PMs and he was always so pleasant, gentle, and positive. Has anybody seen his name recently? Thanks Jo for all the info...

Posted by
9363 posts

Kent is still around. He just doesn't post as often.

Posted by
251 posts

Like! I learn so much from all of you! The research I did here made all the difference for our trip last year.

Posted by
242 posts

Dear Folks I haven't forgotten you guys and all the help you have given me and have LOTS to tell you about my trip, but my wife Dondra and I just returned from ANOTHER trip to Washington DC for the yearly Alzheimer's Advocates Forum (a lot to tell about this as well - on my blog - which I will update asap), so I will catch up with y'all in the next couple of days. Thanks Bill

Posted by
4407 posts

I think we're a patient crowd; you get some trip-recuperation time! There are many new people on the Helpline; if you're willing, please repost your site for them so they can follow your blog.