Please sign in to post.

Thank you

Am wanting to thank the Posters of the board. I have recently returned from a 28 night trip to Europe. I had a few posts prior to going (itineraries, getting into the city centre from the Brussels Midi railway station) and some pm with some of you, but I also gleaned massive amounts of information from reading the helpline. On my previous (and first) trip we had a Eurail pass and had all the rail booked for us. Thanks to the regular "rail" posters I felt confident enough to do all my own booking online, and I know I saved heaped of money. I picked up our rental car in England from St Albans as I was advised by someone. It was heaps cheaper than through one of the "big" companies. We actually got off the train in Radlett and I noted there was another car hire place at the railway station there. In England we had 3 nights without bookings for accommodation. The biggest issue we had was actually finding hotels/B&Bs. When we did find them there were no real problems with getting a room. In Brussels we simply walked from the railway station into the city centre - by going to the left. I was in search of the "sister" of Manniken Pis (?sp). I had read about her somewhere here. Had a bit of trouble finding her and then gave up, and then there she was. Thanks to whoever posted about her. So the moral of this is that any information can become pertinent to someone else's trip and you may never know how much you have helped someone out. I also did a private blog for family and friends which kept them up to date with our goings–on, but internet access wasn't always easy to find, or use (slow connections). The biggest surprise since I have returned home: 2 boxes posted from Venice Post Office on a Saturday morning turned up at my front door 10/11 days later! I'm still waiting for the one posted from Cologne a week earlier!

Posted by
12040 posts

Glad you found Janneke Pis. Don't you just love the cheeky expression on her face?