Please sign in to post.

THANK YOU!!!

I am leaving tomorrow for my 4.5 month journey in Europe. We will be backpacking for 22 days, then studying in Firenze, Italia.

I cannot thank all of you enough for all of your help, your wealth of knowledge has helped me make the best route possible for my travels. My girlfriend and I are both so excited about getting to see parts of the world we both have never thought we'd ever get to see again - it will be an unbelievable journey.

While we're both so nervous to be away from our 'comfort zone' for over 4 months, we're both extremely excited!!

If you'd like to keep up with the action i've created a blog @ www.jbeurope2008.blogspot.com - I have already started the blog for the week leading up to the trip & I plan to update it as much as I can while abroad. We've got 8gb of memory for the camera so we plan to take 1,000's of pictures!!

Again, from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU!

Cheers,
JB

Posted by
712 posts

Took a look at your blog.... I am thinking you will someday own and run and Italian Restaurant tastefully decorated with Italian art. Have a wonderful trip. It is an exciting time of you life.

Posted by
3250 posts

Have a wonderful journey! I'll look forward to keeping up with your travels on your blog spot!
Sharon

Posted by
15010 posts

My cousin studied in Firenze last fall. From the way she talks about it, I think it was the happiest time in her life. She didn't want to come back.

Posted by
30 posts

Congratulations on your trip and good luck! My husband and I went to Britain this summer and kept a blog on blogspot as well, which turned out to be an awesome tool for A.) keeping in touch with our family and friends and B.) decompressing at the end of the day. I think only our moms read it every day, but we enjoyed writing it. We're not much older than you, and we got so much out of traveling together. I'm sure you and your girlfriend will as well. Have a great time!

Posted by
174 posts

Thanks again - i'm about to get in the car and head up to Birmingham to catch my flight.

Catch up with the blog i'll do my best to update it.