Please sign in to post.

Thank you!

Just returned from our trip to Barcelona and Budapest (5 nights in each) and I wanted to say a big THANK YOU! for all the wonderful advice received/found on these forums. We had an absolutely fantastic time in both cities and owe it to all the wonderful posters that so willingly share their time and experience with the rest of us.

I also wanted to weigh in on the make/don’t make dinner reservations in Budapest. I made reservations for the first night prior to arrival. The next night I tried to make reservations for 2 restaurants we wanted to try for any of the remaining 4 nights and was unable to secure a reservation for either one any of the next 4 nights. However, we easily found somewhere to eat each night and every meal was delicious. So I guess I would say, if there are particular restaurants you would like to try, make reservations. If you just want to eat without being tied to a time/place, you will easily find a restaurant.

Thanks again to everyone!

Posted by
3911 posts

Glad you had a good time! Hopefully the heat was not too unbearable! ;)

Posted by
378 posts

Luckily we were there in between the 2 heat waves and survived with lots of water! I loved your beautiful city and would go back in a heartbeat.
Thanks again.