Please sign in to post.

Summer 2015

6 friends and myself are planning to attend a wedding in Edinburgh, Scotland. We would like to include touring Scotland and Ireland. We figure at least 3 days for the wedding. Two of the members of our group can only stay an additional 8 days. My opinion.....we can't see both countries in 8 days. Would you agree? Suggestions please .....

Posted by
16893 posts

I agree that you should save Ireland for another trip, preferably when you can give it two weeks. Although Rick's destination list for Scotland may look sparse online, the details in the book will make it clear that there's plenty to see in 8 days in Scotland. I would look at renting a car, to give your group more freedom once you leave the big city, but note that a 7-passenger van might cost the same as two economy cars; try Auto Europe for a price quote. If you still have time for a stop in "another country," you could dip down to England as far as Hadrian's Wall.

Posted by
2393 posts

Wise advice from Miss Laura. For a seemingly small area there is much to. With the first 3 days being wedding things you might not even get much time in Edinburgh. You will want to spend some time in Glasgow - a very young, hip city with a great night-life. There's some fantastic castles - Stirling is not to be missed. Oh and I've there's some sort of distillery thing there ;) Perhaps one or four might be worth a stop! One can easily spend 8 days in Scotland.