Please sign in to post.

Spring Break 2012

So I want to surprise my boyfriend with a European trip this Spring Break (March 12-18, 2012) since he has never left the country. I have family in the UK and have visited Germany, and Poland. I wanted to go somewhere neither of us have been but I'm stuck. Language isn't an issue (too much, I can fumble through books and pod casts for the basics). I was thinking either Italy, France of maybe Spain...... any ideas for 2 early 20s looking for a fun new adventure?? Thanks guys!

Posted by
2114 posts

Italy............so much to see......deciding where will be the tough part. Paris. Depends on what you consider fun, though. Sounds like you've been to London before, but if he hasn't, you could do a couple of days in London, just so he can see some of the basic highlights, then take the chunnel over to Paris? Look at some of the Rick Steves' Tour itineraries, not suggesting that you both sign up for a packaged group tour (although they are great), but so you can get some ideas of what highlights are of each place that might interest you to craft you own itinerary.

Posted by
12172 posts

For your time. I would stick to one city (or one city with a a daytrip or two to see nearby sites). Cities tend to offer nightlife not available in the country. Plenty of places yet to see - Rome, Barcelona, Paris, Prague, Amsterdam, Dublin. Berlin would be a great choice if you haven't been there yet. Personally, I would pick something south of the Alps during March. Daylight will be longer and the weather, if not warm, is likely to be more agreeable.

Posted by
115 posts

I would do Italy. I surpised a girlfriend one time and took her to Rome, Naples, and the southern coast.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you guys so much you've been so helpful! :)

Posted by
331 posts

Venice in March will be less crowded - (I think the Carnival is in Feb). - than it is in summer months. It is a very beautiful city and worth a visit if you decide upon Italy.