Please sign in to post.

SPOT from Trackme360.com

My daughter and I went on a 3-week trip in Europe (visited 6 countries using rental cars and trains). I got the SPOT from Trackme360.com. It can notify your location on google maps every 20 minutes. My wife, mom, brother, and others could see on google maps where my daughter and I were. this does NOT use cellphone coverage. Instead it transmits the location information via satellite. The unit costs $150 and the service costs $100/yr. for $12/yr, u can also get an emergency evacuation service that will pay up to $200,000. This gave my family a lot of peace of mind while we were traveling.

Posted by
9363 posts

I looked at SPOT once as a possible safety tool for use in wilderness emergency situations. Because of the yearly contract, and the limited amount I would use it, it didn't seem worth it to me. But if it works for you, great. It's a nice device.

Posted by
1568 posts

Many people that ride bikes across the US, Europe and Asia use The Spot.

Posted by
8 posts

if you are a activating a unit for the first time you should be able to google around and find a promo code that will giving you the tracking service free for a year.