Please sign in to post.

Spain

I am going to Spain this summer. I was thinking of buying an International Flat Iron from Folica (Sedu Pro Ionic ceramic ) with the two prong . Has anyone tried this ?? is this worth buying ? it is over $100. Alicea

Posted by
973 posts

If you want that for everyday use, get it, but I'd leave it at home, too expensive. I bought a small Revlon travel flat iron for under $20 which fits into a carryon very well. If you left the Folica flat iron behind in a hotel room would you be sad?

Posted by
1178 posts

Not worth it at all... Suggest you get wash and wear, leave the iron at home...a small bottle of Woolite, or similar, will work wonders in the hotel sink.

Posted by
1003 posts

I always flatiron my hair at home and have quite an expensive one to tame my very frizzy and unruly thick hair. I've never even considered taking one overseas with me, not even a mini travel one . I just leave my hair wet and wrap it up in a bun or clip. And you say you're going in the summer - Spain will be hot and could be humid. Not ideal flatironing conditions, one, but also, because it will be hot, you might wash your hair more often than at home and are you really going to flat iron on a daily or almost daily basis on vacation? And in your case, it sounds like you're thinking of buying it just for a trip, in which case I would much rather spend the money on memorable souvenirs or sights or great food. But that's me.

Posted by
5529 posts

I'd suggest that if you need one, you wait until you get to Spain and buy one at a department store there.

Posted by
12172 posts

I'd go with Laura's suggestion. Just pick one up there. No problem finding them, no worries about whether it will work or plug adapter. When you're done, give it away or toss it.