Please sign in to post.

Sorrento to Florence

Hi all! I'm an absolute fan of this forum. It's been so helpful on my travels! I usually try to read previous post and search through them for answers to my questions to avoid bothering with the same ones but I still have a few.

I would like to get from Sorrento to Florence on Wed, April 12th. I've traveled Sorrento -Rome by bus and I liked it , my question would be if is it necessary to book train tickets Rome - Florence ahead of time or if is there a direct way to get to Firenze from Sorrento.
Question 2 , I see flights from Florence to Paris in Vueling, I 've used Easyjet and Ryanair , can I expect something similar with Vueling?
Thank you very much!

Posted by
11613 posts

To get to Firenze from Sorrento, you most likely will have to change trains at Napoli Centrale, whether you get to Napoli by Circumvesuviana, private transfer, bus, or ferry. There are fast trains from Napoli to Firenze, which will stop at Roma Termini but continue on to Firenze, so you don't have to change. You should be able to buy these tickets up to 120 days ahead for super economy rates.

I have used Vueling and Alitalia within Eutope, both were fine, Alitalia has better baggage allowance.

Posted by
11294 posts

Zoe's given you the information for going from Sorrento to Naples to Florence. I'll just add that you don't have to book the train from Naples to Florence ahead of time, but will save a lot of money doing so, if you can accept non-refundable and non-exchangeable tickets. The train from Sorrento to Naples, the Circumvesuviana, cannot be booked ahead, and is very cheap.

The other route would be taking a bus from Sorrento to Rome, then a train from Rome to Florence. Since the bus should go to Roma Tiburtina station, and some trains to Florence leave from there, that would be an easy connection. Again, the trains will be cheaper bought ahead of time as non-refundable and non-exchangeable tickets.

For both train routes (Napoli Centrale to Firenze SMN, and Roma Tiburtina to Firenze SMN), look at both Trenitalia http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en and Italo http://www.italotreno.it/en. These are two different companies that compete on these routes. Even though I linked to the English language websites, use the Italian station names I used in my last sentence, to be sure you're getting tickets to and from the correct stations.

Posted by
158 posts

Please know that I really appreciate your help! Very useful information you're sharing. Thank you!