Please sign in to post.

sorrento

We fly into Naples, where should we stay that is close to train station on Almalfi Coast?

Posted by
32213 posts

amy, It would help if you could provide a few more details on your Itinerary, and the places you want to visit. I think it's safe to say that most of the group here prefer to use Sorrento as a "home base" for exploring the Amalfi Coast. If you're planning to travel there by train from Naples, you'll need to get from the airport to Napoli Centrale, and connect with the Circumvesuviana train. Be sure to note which line runs to Sorrento. You could also travel by Curreri Bus from Naples Airport direct to Sorrento. Have a look at this link for further information: www.bus.it/curreri/inglese/E_index.html That's probably the method I'd use. Happy travels!

Posted by
361 posts

Stay in Sorrento at the Antiche Mura Hotel, we did and will do so again and again and again.....

Posted by
3112 posts

Only Sorrento at the west end and Salerno at the east end have train service. The other Amalfi Coast towns have only bus service. I'd suggest staying in Sorrento, which is serviced by the Circumvesuviana train line.

Posted by
9420 posts

Like others, I recommend staying in Sorrento. We've stayed at Hotel La Tonnarella 3x and really like it.